Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I was not very impressed with the Narnia movie. Not at all. Yes, the cinemetography was beautiful. And yes, Lucy was precious. But it focused on all the wrong things. Very little cute Mrs. Beaver cooking and talking and so-slowly packing, no funny roar and playful rolling around after Aslan is resurrected, and very few of the precious lines that Lewis scattered throughout his work, the lines that brought smiles and laughter to both children and adults alike. Too many battles, too much suspense, and not enough childlike wonder and fun little adventures.

I didn't feel like Lewis's work was respected. Unlike others, I didn't mind Aslan all that much. His voice was fine, and he was very beautiful. But a well-created Aslan wasn't enough to satisfy my longings for one of my favorite stories told accurately and beautifully on the wide screen. It was decent, but it wasn't like the book.

Other than that, my Christmas break has been superb. My puppy has been idolized, and Tom and I have gotten much rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#