So I go through these phases, "quirky" phases, as Tom likes to call them, in wich I'm obsessed with a new way of doing things. Usually my phases have to do with money or food-- new ways to save money, or new healthy ways to eat. Sometimes these get combined(new ways to save money on healthy food), but often I just alternate between the two. Since we got married, my most common phase has had to do with money-- budgets, cash-back credit cards, high-interest savings accounts, etc.
My current phase resulted from many failed attempts to tame our horribly unruly grocery budget. And, in a final desperate attempt, I came across the world of coupons. And so, every Sunday, I clip coupons. Many coupons. And I check the sales. And I match coupons with sales. And I shop the double coupon sales at Albertsons, and I go to Kroger with my coupons under 50 cents that can be doubles or tripled, and I take the rest to HEB and shop in order to maximize my savings. And I've saved a lot! About 40-50%. My favorite savings were last night, when I went to Alberstons and bought two packages of ready-bake cookies for 50 cents. 50 cents! I had two $1.00 coupons, which doubled to $2.00 each. And one packages of cookies was $2.00, and the other was $2.50. So I got one for free and one for $.50. At Albertsons, of all places--the most expensive grocery store ever. I was very proud of myself.
So anyway, my poor husband listens to me talk about coupons now. And with only slight irritation, he laughs and laughs at his quirky wife. Because that's why he loves me, he says, because I'm quirky. And my quirkiness brings him enjoyment. And I am thankful for that, because I think that I will only get quirkier with time.
No comments:
Post a Comment