Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I can't believe Tommy and Marybeth are getting married on SATURDAY. I'm so excited for them. It's going to be such a beautiful time. Plus, I'll get to see my hot husband in a tux, looking all handsome with his new glasses.

Jesus has been good money-wise the past few days. In funny ways. First of all, Tom got in a wreck-- he was hit by a 96 year old man (a very cute one, who should not have been driving, especially with his car covered in ice, but who was nevertheless very cute), and the insurance company is going to give us $200 in addition to paying to fix the car. So that pays for Tom's glasses.

And then, we got our headboard in, and it was broken. So we took it back and they ordered another one... but then they called and said it would take 2-3 months to come in. By this point, the headboard isn't a huge deal for either of us to have, so we just asked for our money back. So that's $350. That pays for Gracie. Or Christmas. Or the pet deposit for Gracie. It will basically just go into savings (though Tom wants me to buy something for myself from that money, since I didn't get a birthday present... I said that more money in savings would be a present enough, but I think I'll go ahead and use a little bit of it for a nice meal out or some house decorations or something).

And today I checked our citibank card statement, and we've earned $97 in the last two months (since the last time we cashed in our earnings). I'm not sure if we'll cash that in yet, or just wait until it grows some more.

So anyway, I've been unhappy about money lately, but Jesus has been good. We have more than enough to make ends meet, and he's satisfying my desires by also giving us money to save. And I like that very much.

No comments: