Tom and I read 8 chapters of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday, which put us on Chapter 10-- only 8 chapters away from finishing the book. We will hopefully be able to do that on the way to Louisiana on Wednesday, allowing us to watch the movie with my parents(though I've read the book, Tom hasn't, and I refuse to allow us to watch the movie until we finish reading it together). We really got into the book yesterday, so I'm sure that it won't be nearly as difficult as before to get us to sit down and read the rest of it together.
Tommy and Marybeth's wedding was gorgeous and so emotional. It was really special for me to watch them finally become husband and wife after 7 years of dating. And Marybeth looked amazingly gorgeous. Plus, their rehearsal dinner and reception were in the same places that ours were, so I got to experience those places as a guest instead of the overwhelmed (yet overjoyed) center of attention that I was 6 months ago.
Yesterday, we went to Houston to have Christmas with Tom's dad and step-mom and their children. It was a lot of fun, and we got some great gift cards. It will be nice to actually be able to shop for myself without feeling guilty.
Gracie is getting so big. She is still a handful, but she's getting better. I can not wait to bring her to Lafayette. My family will play with her a ton and wear her out, which will give me lots of time to rest. And I'll still get to enjoy here sweetness and her kisses when she's sleepy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment