Thursday, July 21, 2005

There are times when I really make myself laugh. It's fun to be able to entertain myself with my own stupidity. The following is one of the funniest things that I, in my mindless ditziness, do:

Sometimes I will do a quick clean up of the apartment very mindlessly, and all of a sudden, I will look in my hand and realize that I'm carrying trash around. Either that or I have a piece of trash placed on the counter, looking as if I placed it there for a purpose. Whenever I see this-- a dirty napkin in place of a cookbook, an empty water bottle in place of a jar of peanut butter, a scrap of paper in place of our bills-- I know that I need to take a look inside the trash can. Because, most likely, the trash can holds a cookbook, a jar of peanut butter, and all of our bills. It is very dangerous for me to mindlessly clean up, keeping the trash in one hand and the important things in the other. Because most likely, the trash will end up placed in important positions while the important items will end up in the trash.

This is why I need a husband. This is why I would not be a good single woman. And this is why I am a very funny scientist. I will probably end up winning the nobel prize simply because I accidentally used some of my trashed side product for last weeks reactions in this weeks experiments, and lo and behold, that trash side product reacts with this weeks reaction to create the magical cure for cancer. Just wait, the Lord will use my ditziness for his glory in a very humorous circumstance like this. And I will make the whole world laugh at me just like I laugh at myself.

(Ha! I knew I could do it! I knew I could write a post about something other than how much I miss my husband!)

No comments: