The worst part about Tom's sunburn is not being able to touch him. I haven't been able to hug him since Sunday, and I hate it. When my hands get anywhere near his shoulders, upper back or arms, his eyes get huge and he screams "don't touch me!" The worst part is seeing him in so much pain, but not being able to be close to him is almost as bad.
Especially since he's leaving for North Africa on Sunday. What if he's not better by then? What if I can barely hug him when he leaves? That will mean a full 3 weeks without hugging, holding or snuggling... as well as any other marital acts(you know, like patting each other on the shoulder and stuff like that). That's just not supposed to happen during marriage. I'm supposed to be able to touch my husband!!!
You'd think he'd be better by now. I applied vinegar to his burns last night after reading about it's burn-healing benefits, sprayed him with "solarcaine" which is supposed the best sunburn relief on the market, globbed on a thick coat of aloe vera, and made him take 5 advil along with a ton of water. So why the hell isn't he better? Grrrrrrr.
Sunburn, sunburn, please release my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment