I know I've written much about Tom's sunburn, but I have more to say. Yesterday, the pain he had been going through was proved genuine as orangish-brown water blisters appeared, covering his shoulders and tops of his arms. The areas look like one huge blister, making his skin look like hamburger meat or chunky puke(great descriptions, eh?). I cried when I saw it. His pain got much worse Tuesday and Wednesday night, and now I know why-- those horrible blisters were forming, pushing their way through my baby's poor skin. Now that they are there, he's in much less pain, but he looks horrible. It makes me cry every time I look at it. Never, EVER again am I letting him go shirtless in the sun without sunscreen on.
On a lighter note, I changed my W-4 form to "married" when I went in to fill out the paper work to change my name with the company. The HR lady said that it wouldn't really change my pay much, so it was up to me if I wanted to change it. Well, "not much" was $45 per paycheck! I was hoping it would be about $7 to cover the fact that I just added Tom to my dental insurance, and that costs $6.93 per check. But $45! That's $90 a month! That's no little amount to us. That's a lot of breathing room for Tom's and my squeezed together little budget. Now we have a little more to spend on gifts and miscellaeous stuff that comes up. This made me very happy.
And also, about the dental insurance-- I've been searching for good dental insurance for Tom, because he really needs to get work done. We're pretty sure he has a lot of cavities, and he hasn't been to the dentist in years and years. I wanted to get him on our dental insurance, but I thought I had to put him on my full plan in order to get that for him. But we didn't want to pay the full $200 per month for that, so we weren't sure what to do. Well, it turns out that I can put him on dental for about $14/month, which is super cheap considering how great the insurance is. Tom could get $700 worth of work done, and we'd only have to pay $150. So now I don't have to worry about how we can afford to take care of Tom's teeth, which is a huge blessing.
Now we just need to pray that Unicare insurance approves Tom's application for coverage, and all will be well. Or atleast I hope so. Insurance and the medical system scare me. They involve so much freaking money, and that's just scary. And since I'm not knowedgeable enough about the stuff, I never know if I'm getting myself into a good deal or not. But, I'm doing the best I can, and hopefully it will all come together in some shape or form and keep us from going broke if something major were to happen.
Anyway, enough about blisters and insurance and money. I should do something a litte more productive :)
No comments:
Post a Comment