Wednesday, August 03, 2005

We are a little over a week and a half into our four week pay period, and we have already spent 68% of our budget.

I don't like that. I like to wait until the end of the month to spend the majority of our money (evidenced by the fact that I still have 38 of my 50 dollars of "blow money" left), but that never seems to happen with us. By the time rent gets paid, the basic grocery necessities for the month have been bought, our household needs have been met, and our ice cream temptations have been succumbed to, we find ourselves with little money to spend for the next 2-3 weeks.

We'll be ok though. We always are. What I need to work on is to not push the months by just because I'm waiting for the new pay period to come so I can worry less. Because I never worry less. After a week of the new pay period, I'm back in the place I started. What I need to do is trust the Lord for my daily bread, believing that He can conform our needs to our budget much better than I can by staring at the computer screen, wrinkling my brow and fretting about the placement of each penny.

Jesus, help me to establish a grounded faith in your ability to provide for us. I want to trust you for my finances all the days of my life. I thank you for the luxury in which I live right now. In the eyes of many, I am not wealthy. But I feel wealthy. You have given me more than I could ever ask for, not just materially, but also spiritually and relationally. And I love you for that, Lord. You are good.

No comments: