I gave blood today, and promptly passed out as soon as the needle was removed from my arm. All I remember is saying, "I'm a little dizzy." Then all of a sudden I was waking up, surrounded by people saying "Rebecca! Rebecca!" It was kind of scary, but mostly pretty funny. For some reason it's just fun to be able to tell people, "I passed out after I gave blood!" I don't know why that's enjoyable, but it is.
I've been way too excited to get my first statement with our citibank credit card this month. We get 5% back at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations, and 1% back everywhere else. So I've been waiting and waiting for the statement to see how much money we earned this month. And I was way happy to find out that we got $27.60! All we did was use the credit card for everything in our budget that we would have used our debit card for, and as a result we got almost $30 of free cash. This makes me happy. I know that credit cards are pretty much straight from the pit of hell, but it's fun to take advantage of their system. I'll never pay a cent of interest with them, but I'll keep earning free cash. And that is lots of fun!
Life has been an a bit... crazy... the past two days. Crazy...and heartbreaking. Not heartbreak over anything in our life, but over the horrible circumstances affecting those whom we love so dearly. It's sad, because I know that the person/people involved feel like they're burdening us with too much, but all we feel is that we can't do enough. It's so painful to watch lives be ripped apart and not be able to do a thing to change it. Except pray. And we've done a lot of that. But we still feel helpless and heartbroken.
I'm really thankful for community though. I'm thankful that Ray and Lauri live straight accross from us, and that Tommy lives diagonal to us, and that Marybeth is soon to be joining him. I'm thankful that we can all team up and love the one who's hurting and show that person that we support him with an undying commitment. It's neat to see how the Body works when it's in such a tight, day-to-day community like this.
So anyway, life is good and tough, and we are in the middle of a broken situation. And our hearts are breaking, but we're loving each other and fighting against evil together. That's what the church is about, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment