We spent the weekend in Corpus Christ with my step-grandparents-in-law. It's funny how the grandparents with so many exceptions added onto their title could feel more like kin to me than my own blood-related grandparents. It was such a sweet time, and I so appreciated being around a couple who have been through so much and have actually grown through it. My own grandmother has become more shallow with age, but Grandma Domingue has gained a wealth of life and wisdom through her years, and it is beautiful to sit with her and hear about it. She is so unique(she collects black dolls-- yes, as in african american dolls-- and not just as in she has 20 or so of them-- more like 2,000), and I love that, because she is comfortable in her own skin and so free to be herself. I hope that when I am 78 years old, I am that comfortable in my own skin. She makes me excited to grow old and attain her level of freedom.
The one drawback to the weekend was sleeping on a full sized bed made in the 1800's. We were horribly uncomfortably squished on the rock-solid mattress, and we(especially my husband) were terrifed that the bed was going to all of a sudden break on us. We did enjoy being forced to snuggle though. On our king-sized bed, we can sleep the entire night with out even touching each other, but not so on this bed. And it was kind of a nice to have my husband so close to me, even with his heat and snores.
2 comments:
I'm excited about being your neighbor soon. Only a little over a month left.
woohoo for future nice neighbors with cute little puppies!
(i tried to post this already, but i think something happened. so if it didn't sorry for the repeat)
Hey, you comment on my xanga meant a whole lot to me. Yes. I think it made my day. :) thank you.
-Mel
Post a Comment