Friday, April 28, 2006

So, I was coming here to write about Mel's amazing comment, and then I read the other one... and, excuse me? Really, I don't think I'm going to respond to you.

Anyway, about Mel's comment, THANK YOU. And I wouldn't say that it's stressful to lead y'all, because I enjoy every one of you so much, and that makes every Wednesday night worth it. It's just a high task to lead such a great group, especially since Lauri did such an amazing job getting it started. Part of me gets scared that I won't be able to live up to her example, and the wonderful group she started will fall apart because of me. Yet, every Wednesday you each show up and are vulnerable and honest, and it shows me so much Grace. And I learn so much. So yes, the enemy always beats the hell out of me and tells me I did crappy, but every time, I'm able to tell him to shut up because I know that, even if I did do a crappy job, I'm still loved by y'all. And that's a really, really good feeling. So, thank you :)

And on another note, Gracie did an interesting thing yesterday. While Tom was in the bathroom, she pranced in there, plopped down on his feet, and fell alseep. When he told me that, I thought, "She was listening last night! She's trying to be like Ruth!" Hehe :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... i feel like that's a weird position to be in, to lead a group after someone else has led it. For me, it's been neat to have both of you guys as leaders- both of you have very different styles of leading, and both of them are very, very good. (and i dont know a whole lot about leadership, but i do know it has felt great to be in the group under each one of you guys. Maybe it's similar to our beauty as women? None of us are the same, and yet each one of has beauty to offer in a different way....

That made me laugh a whole lot when you said that abou Gracie. Way to seduce, Gracie!
-Mel