Yesterday, I was at a really good place regarding finances. My heart was really elated with a spirit of generosity, and more than ever, I was desiring to be community-focused with all of our money. I wanted to give joyfully and live by faith and trust the Lord with everything we needed.
And today I am stressed to the max about finances. And all I can think about is all the things we need to spend money on in the future, and how unable we are to save for all those necessities.
And I just want to tell satan to freaking go to hell. Why does he always have to steal my joy and peace? Grrrrr.
Jesus, keep my mind focused on you and your kingdom. It's all I want, Jesus. And all that I need. Keep my mind on truth.
2 comments:
Yeah, we follow a lot of his principles... we paid all our debts a year or so ago and just finished with our emergency fund. I don't agree with everything he says, but he has good principles, especially his budgeting stuff.
I just read your post about the kingdom, and i really really really enjoyed it. It was so good! Yes. Amazing. Good call, my friend.
And hey, I am free for lunches on Tuesday Thursday and Friday. Are any of those good for you?
Also, I identify with your worries about money. I havn't even really started thinking about all of the things I need to start saving for. Actually today i should have gotten about 30 dollars in tips (one person gave a 5 dollar tip, another 2.50, and at least 20 1-dollar tips), but only ended up with 17, and was really disappointed at the end of the day. But, i was thinking about it just now and decided that it didn't matter because my real treasure is in heaven, and that doesn't go away no matter what, and can always be added to... that was comforting.
You're amazing..
-Mel
Post a Comment