Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I really hope that my crockpot is doing a good job cooking our pork chops right now, because I really want tonight's meal to be good.

Saturday is the day. The day that our lives will change. On Saturday, we will become the owners and caretakers of two cuddly cockers. I hope that Riley is a good boy. And I hope that Gracie will be a good big sister to him.

I think the best way to worry less about finances is to give. Give, give, give. It really works well. I'm doing a lot better this week.

Speaking of finances, our car got broken into Monday night, and Tom's cd player and cell phone got stolen. I do not even want to say how much money we have spent repairing that damage... I don't feel like I can throw much of a pity party, though, because we didn't have to replace the cd player. I could have made Tom live without it, or he could have chosen to live without it. But I wouldn't dare keep my husband from listening to Boston, Journey and Usher in his car, because he is not a happy pizza delivery boy if he doesn't have his music to sing and dance to. And he was really pretty fond of his cd player, so it needed to be replaced with one of comparable greatness. But it cost too much money. Too much money...

The cell phone may be the greatest expense though, because it caused Tom to have to deal with cingular again. And the more he deals with cingular, the more he wants to scream. And the more he wants to scream, the more he wants to cut off our service early and pay the expensive termination fee. Why can't cingular just be nice to us? We have less than a year before our contracts run out... they obviously don't care about keeping us, but could they atleast treat us well during our last few months with them? It makes me angry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cingular needs some customer service help pretty desperately before they go out of business. I'm sorry y'all have to deal with them. :( I pretty much want to talk to them as little as is humanly possible.
That sucks so much that y'alls car got broken into. I really wish that that hadn't happened. Especially since Tom had to be deprived of Usher for a while.

And pork chops huh! you have one lucky husband.
love you, girl.
Mel

Dena said...

let me know how your porkchops turned out, will you? I didn't know you could make them in the crockpot. I may try that. I just got 8 of them at kroger cause they were WAY on sale! (i love sales!)

anyway. i have a pork butt or shoulder (i don't remember) roast in the crockpot right now and its going to cook for about 9.5 hours, and when i get home tonight, i'm going to pull it and its going to be SO delicious! we'll put bbq sauce on some of it.