Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I feel really self conscious having my current blog entry be about fasting. I'm not sure why, but I just don't like it. So that is why I'm writing this one, even though I'm really not in a blogging mood today.

I'm really glad it's gotten cold. Although, I feel like it got really, really cold without the necessary number of cool-but-not-freezing days before it. I love cool, fall days, but this morning feels like Winter. I really wasn't ready for Winter, I was ready for Fall. I'm still thankful for it though, as it should do wonders for our electricity bill. Plus it allows me to snuggle more with my husband at night, and I really, really like that :)

This weekend was fun and relaxing. We got to spend some great time with three of our favorite people in the world-- Ray, Lauri and Harley(maybe that should have been favorite creatures, since Harley is technically not a person). And then Tommy and Mary Beth joined us for steaks, which my wonderful husband cooked to perfection. It's amazing how much steak has grown on me since I got married. Ever since we ate it on our honeymoon, I have begun to love it. I never understood why people thought so much of it before, since I'm really not much of a meat person. But steak is just really good.

Speaking of good food, Erin Castillo made Tom and me some amazingly heavenly cookies last week. And, due to Tom's incessant pestering, I searched long and hard to find those same cookies in the refrigerated cookie section(Erin's cookies didn't last very long, and we were soon longing for more). My first choice was not a wise one, though the cookies definitely were popular amongst the 6 of us Saturday night and were eaten up quickly. The next night however, I stopped at the store on the way home from 635, and my choice was a very wise one. And so we've been eating more cookies the past two days, and suffering the unhealthy consequences of it. We are going to set goals soon for our sweets consumption. It was supposed to be done last night, but I think the cookies impaired our judgements too much, so it didn't get done. But tonight, I promise, we will set limits. Our bellies just can't handle all the cookies and ice cream that we fill them with. It's not really fair that Tom and I both have such horrible sweet tooths. We are such bad influences on each other.

And, I just realized that I filled the entry after my thoughts on fasting with my thoughts on food. I didn't mean to do that, but it is kind of ironic :)

No comments: