Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fasting

One of my four medications is vehemently opposed to me fasting, and my stomach currently feels like it's being eaten up and torn apart by acid. Despite that fact, I feel a ton of grace this morning. I'm assuming it's because there are other brothers and sisters from my church community joining me in this fast. And though the acidic monsters in my belly will most likely force me to switch to a bread and water fast in the very imminent future, I'm really enjoying today. Bill's words on Sunday about fasting being a type of mourning really stuck with me, and every time I have felt pain today, I've mourned for Jesus, longing for his kingdom to come and be established on this earth.

So anyway, I've just been completely unbiblical in admitting that I am fasting. But, I figure it's ok, since I royally suck at fasting, so I really have very little to boast about.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hmmm... what an interesting comment.