Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Talking about college experiences with my supervisor brought back memories that make think of my beautiful Louisiana College and ache with nostalgia. I have never lived in a place more beautiful or special, a place in which I could sit or walk around forever and never get tired of my surroundings. Never once did I fail to find Jesus on that campus; so many times I went running outside in tears and agony, only to come back an hour later brimming with joy. I miss its smells, its sounds, its trees and flowers, the swings where I would sit and pray, the track where I would run in the morning and walk in the evening, the bench near the football field where I would star gaze, the forrest near the dorms where I would pace, scream, pray and sing in the evenings when no one was around... oh, every memory I have about LC makes me ache.

I am so happy where I am right now, and I dealt with so much pain during my years at LC. Yet I ache for the beauty I felt on that campus more than I've ever ached for any place before.

Maybe that's where Tom could take me in October for our "getaway" weekend.

Anyway, I don't usually sit around missing my college. It just came on me all of a sudden, so strongly that I had to write it down.

Tonight is a very exciting night. I will have the apartment to myself(giving me free access to the television), I have enough blow money left to buy myself dinner, and, best of all, I get to find out what Luke's answer to Lorelai's proposal will be. The Gilmore Girls season's premiere is TONIGHT!!! I'm so excited. So so excited!!

No comments: