I'm starting to really understand the sanctifying aspect of marriage.
The whole process of dying to yourself is so interesting. It's amazing how excruciating it is to actually do it, yet how freeing it is once it's done. I sat on the couch in agony this morning, because I just didn't want to die to myself in certain aspects of my marriage. But once I submitted to the Lord and gave myself over to Him, I felt so much peace and freedom. Why are we so afraid of death when it brings so much joy?
I guess as long as the enemy of our souls is around, dying daily will be difficult. But I pray that I will continually tell him to get lost as I run toward freedom.
"I write these words from the grave
cause it's the only place I am safe
only the dead are permitted to speak the truth"
No comments:
Post a Comment