*Note to self* The next time I miss a birth control pill, I will not take two at one time the next night. It makes me very sick, and I would rather not deal with this sickness right now.
And now, to attempt to get my mind off of my nausea, I will tell a funny story.
Last night, Tom came to bed a couple hours later than me, finding me sound asleep. And, being the charming man that he is, my mature, wise husband decided to throw his dirty underwear on my head.
So you would think that I would wake up, find the underwear, and toss them away in disgust. He has thrown his underwear at me before, so it's not like it's uncommon for me to have dirty underwear on my head. But, instead of screaming and throwing the disgusting things as far away from me as possible, I, in my lethargic slumber, took the underwear off my head and began to cuddle with them. I held them close to my face and ran my fingers over their soft material. Because, you see, I didn't think they were underwear. For some reason, I thought that I was cuddling with my brown Old Navy sweater, the really soft cotton one that I often wear in the office when I'm cold. I really like this sweater, so I was greatly enjoying snuggling with it.
Tom was standing next to the bed watching this, laughing in amazement at the way in which he was able to take advantage of his sleepy wife. "Do you know what you're holding, sweetheart?" he asked. "It's my sweater," I said, holding the underwear tightly. "Are you sure? Look more closely." This comment caused me to pull myself out of my slumber enough to evaluate my surroundings and focus on the object in my arms. "Oh... my... gosh..." The underwear went flying in the air, my husband laughed and laughed, and I, after attempting to recover from my disgust, fell back asleep.
Yup, this is my life as Rebecca Rich. It's quite the adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment