I'm really too tired to write anything worth reading today. I feel sick and I'm really craving chocolate, preferably by means of a chocolate shake. That sounds so good right now.
I made a 1290 on the GRE. Considering the fact that I freaked out and didn't even finish the math section, I'm pretty satisfied with the score. I was hoping for closer to a 1400, but I have to face reality and accept the fact that I'm just not gifted when it comes to taking standardized tests. And that's ok. I do think that I did really well on the writing section, so hopefully my score will reflect that when it comes in.
My heart is broken over the effects of Katrina. I'm proud of myself though, because I'm really not analyzing the theology of this disaster. I have my own open theistic opinion, as usual, but I've really barely dwelt on that. I know that the important thing right now is action. Whether we believe God, Satan or the groaning of creation was behind this horrible event, it doesn't change our role as the church. When we see Jesus amongst the faces of the refugees, we must feed, clothe and love Him. These people have nothing, but we have everything to offer them. And I pray that we all will do this cheerfully, overflowing in love as we reveal His Body to a broken group of people.
Anyway, I'm so tired. I really wish my dollar bill worked in the snack machine, because I really want chocolate. Oh well, the day will be over soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment