Tom picked up a second job delivering pizzas for the summer. We needed some extra money, and he's done this job before, so it seemed the logical course of action. And it's been ok, he doesn't mind the job, and sometimes he brings home pizza rolls, which makes me really happy. But he works nights and weekends, and that really wears on us.
Thankfully, I'm blessed with people like Corey and Sommer, and Tommy and Marybeth. I've felt really cared for by them lately. So far, I haven't had to spend any Friday nights home alone. This past Friday, we played Monopoly, and I was reminded of how horrible I am at it, but also of how much I love the social interactions that take place during it.
And then there is my weekly hang out time with Beverly, which has been such a blessing. And our new accountability group (formerly the Captivating book club) on Tuesday nights, which is amazing as always (especially last week, since Christy rocked the house with her superb leadership and fun activities).
So yeah, the summer has been fun. I do miss my husband, though, and that tends to put me in a funk a lot. But yesterday, we spent the entire day together, and by the evening, I felt really happy for the first time in awhile. I like that I've been able to branch out and hang out with people that I usually don't get to hang out with-- it has been so good for me. But I was reminded last night how much I'm missing a part of myself when I'm not with Tom. And I love that about marriage; I love how I am no longer one person. It is extremely scary, because I have never been so terrified at the thought of ever losing someone before, but it is also so beautiful to enjoy this amazing institution created by the Lord. It's worth it to experience the ache of being away from him just to be able to experience the inherent joy of being with him.
I love my husband. And I love my friends. And I've hated life a lot lately, but I'm glad to have these blessings to hold onto during it all.
2 comments:
Hang it there Rebecca. It will get better. Somehow it always does.
The West family has enjoyed your company for sure! It's been really fun getting to know you better and even though we've only been getting to hang out with 1/2 the Rich family, it's a really good 1/2!!!
While you're bored at work...know someone else out there is also bored with work too!
Hey, bored people at work! Me too. I've been looking for a new job for about 6 months. Not working though...it's so frustrating to only do applications online.
Anyway, Rebecca, Paul and I are like that too. We have trouble sleeping when we aren't together, which is going to make travelling separately tough. It's so amazing what God can create. I don't know if you can get to the Parade section of a major newspaper (like the Houston Chronicle), but there's a great article on there about how marriage makes men live longer and better.
Post a Comment