I just got done ordering a birthday present for my nephew. Part of me enjoys doing this, because they have really cute toys for cheap these days. I didn't get a whole lot of toys growing up, so I guess I've always thought that toys were really expensive. But there are so many things to buy for $15-20. So that makes it enjoyable.
However, I'm always scared that I'm going to be the aunt that buys the stupid, cheap gifts that the kids never play with. I had an aunt like that, and I hated it. Her gifts were horrible! I wasn't one to really care if something was cheap or not, but her gifts really weren't fun to play with or anything.
So the gift I just bought was a bathtub finger painting kit. It was $12.99 at Amazon, and it looked like so much fun. I think I would have loved that as a kid. I think I might even like that now... how fun would it be to paint all over the walls while taking a bath?? But will Austin like it, or will he just think that Uncle Tom and Aunt Rebecca are stingy and buy dumb gifts? I hope not. I really want to be a good aunt.
3 comments:
Rebecca, your nephew will love that. I have two 2nd cousins (my cousin's kids) that my mom got something like that for. And, their mom wanted us to get more of it. So, yeah, don't worry about getting cheap stuff. Kids will always love any toys they get. Just a thought...if you want to be a really awesome aunt, get an educational toy for them like a leap frog or something, or even Veggie Tales videos! You can find cool Veggie Tales DVDs for 10 bucks. And, personally, I love Veggie Tales. Do you have an IM? I would love to chat.
Hey Amy!
I wish I could get on IM... I can't at work though. It sucks.
And we got them leap frog for Christmas, and I was really doubtful about that, so I'm glad you mentioned it... I feel better now.
Oh, and I asked Tom if he would like tuna casserole, and he said he doesn't like cooked tuna... he is SO PICKY!!
Anyway, thanks for your comments... I appreciate them :)
bathroom paint.
very fun.
wink.
Post a Comment