I was just looking through my 401K packet. Tom and I are probably going to start putting money into it in the next month or so. But, as I was looking through the packet, part of me got a little queasy. I mean... do I really know what I'm investing in? The whole point is to invest in the companies that make the most money. But sometimes those companies are the most corrupt. And, in a sense, I would then be paying a company to participate in injustice simply so I could get a 10% return out of it. So how do I know that's not the case with my investments? I know I would be helping the economy(and that, in turn, may help out the poor), but maybe that's not what I need to do, maybe I need to help out the poor directly instead. Would it be better for me to just be faithful with my finances, trust the Lord, and give that $100/month to the poor? Or is that foolishness? Is that taking things too far?
I don't know, maybe I've been listening to Derek's new cd too much. Maybe I should pop in some Dave Ramsey instead.
come on and follow me
but sell your house, sell your suv
sell your stocks, sell your security
and give it to the poor
--Derek Webb
No comments:
Post a Comment