Yesterday I was told the shocking news that my fiance has created a blog. Never have I thought of him as a blogger, and although he will probably tire of it soon, the fact that he atleast did it (and even wrote a post void of dashes!) convinced me that my poor blog needs updating. I am sure I no longer have an audience, since the slight one that I had must have given up checking this months ago, but I will still update my blog, because my blog deserves it. :-P
(It does seem extra deserted here though, due to the fact that all the comments to my previous blogs have been wiped out. Oh well, atleast I know they were there.)
So I'm getting married. Soon. On some days, this news is beautiful to me. On others, it makes me want to flee to Vegas and forsake this huge mess of chaos called a wedding. But, I am getting married... to my best friend. And I get to hug him every day for the rest of my life. It really can't get any better than that.
I read through my blog today and discovered my posts from last Spring... it seems Jesus likes to draw me out of the desert in the Spring, since he is doing again in my heart what He did last year. I wish it would have stuck last year, so it wouldn't need to be re-done now. But atleast He's bringing life again. The past year has been pretty gross and mucky. Seeking Him has been nearly impossible. But something happened last week, and I can't say for sure, but I think it was something that will stick with me awhile... maybe even until next Spring. "But something's changed today, and what it is I just can't say..." The change broke Derek's heart, but it's rebuilding mine. It's a very slow process, but I feel like I'm climbing a hill, slowly but surely... and sooner or later, after a few more hills and a couple more valleys, I'll get to that mountain I'm needing so badly to climb.
And the great thing is that when I'm feeling closer to Jesus, I throw up less of my junk on Tom. I like that. He has to put up with so much crap, and he deserves a break.
I'm also reading Hinds Feet on High Places again... and despite a few theological hang ups (I wish I didn't care so much about those), I've been savoring and enjoying my journey with Much-Afraid, seeing myself in every word she speaks, tear she cries and sorrow she bears.
*EDIT* so maybe my baby's blog wasn't void of dashes... I must just be getting used to them :) And here is the link: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=trich75
No comments:
Post a Comment