Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Starbucks

I got a forward from a lady I know telling me I shouldn't drink Starbucks coffee. Why? Because they don't support the war. Supposedly some troops wanted Starbucks to send them some coffee, and Starbucks denied the request because they are not in support of the war. So this guy doesn't want anyone to drink Starbucks in protest of their position.

I don't know, I just think that's kind of dumb. I'm hugely undecided on my position on this war, but I respect the opinion of both sides. I respect Starbucks for taking a stand against something they don't think is right. And I respect our troops for fighting for what they do think is right. It's a tough situation, and quite honestly, the Bible is really not clear on the matter. The OT can be used to defend the war, but the Gospels can totally be used to protest it.

So, maybe it's just because I'm obsessed with Starbucks and would hate to give it up, but I am going to keep buying their coffee. I'm going to respect them for taking a stand. War is a horrible thing, and I understand why they would hate it.

And a grande misto sounds very good right about now... (though the $2.27 I would spend on it doesn't, so I think I'll pass).

No comments: