Sunday, December 19, 2004

The last six months

The last six months of a year long engagement SUCK.

The first six months were fine, and it wasn't so hard to be engaged. It was fun to grow together and prepare for marriage. Plus it was exciting to actually be living in the same city. But right after we hit the six months mark, it became torterous to leave him at night to go home. Maybe it has to do with my new job and how I need him to be there for me when I get home from work and hold me at night as I fall asleep and again in the morning before I get out of bed to start a new day. But really, I think it's just that we are ready to be husband and wife. It already feels like we've started the process of becoming one, not physically of course, but emotionally. We're so close that I feel like he is an extension of myself, not a whole other person.

But once we hit January, time is going to fly, with wedding plans and everything. So hopefully the next six months won't be as hard as I think they will be.

No comments: