This morning I am baffled by the horrors of sin. I hear of sin's consequences every day, but it never hits as hard as when I see it played out in the lives of my loved ones.
I think my best friend is a hopeless case right now. I don't see how she could pull herself out of the mess she has gotten herself in. I know that with the Lord nothing is hopeless, and oh Lord please help me to pray with fervent faith, but I also have seen the atrocities caused by human freedom, and I know the stubborness of the human will.
At times like this, I almost wish I were still a calvinist.
But calvinist or not, I know that the Lord is still sovereign over man's freedom. He is still God, even if Kayla Kilchrist is running as far away from him as she can and causing utter chaos as she does it. He is still able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine.
Lord, keep my heart from growing cold and hard toward Kayla. I need to love her with Your love, I need to pray for her with your strength, I need to believe with the faith you grant me. Please help me, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment