I worry about the stupidest things.
Today I'm using my crock pot for the first time. I'm cooking a roast. And these things are supposed to be great because you just put in the ingredients, set the timer, and forget about it, right? No. I'm sitting here worrying that one of my roommates is going to open the lid of the crock pot and let all the heat and moisture escape. My crock pot cookbook says it's very bad if you do that. So I can't stop worrying that it will happen. It's a silly worry, but it's occupying my thoughts nonetheless.
I think the enemy loves to make me worry about the stupidest things, because I don't fight as hard if the worries are stupid. It's easier to fight a worry about my future job (which I am very worried about) and just say to myself "God is faithful. He holds my future in His hands" over and over again then it is to fight a worry about tonight's dinner and say "God is faithful. He will help make my roast turn out nicely." I mean, it just seems so petty and dumb, you know?
But I guess if God cares about feeding the birds(Mt. 6:26), he cares about feeding me. And hopefully, that includes helping me cook a good roast for my very picky fiance :)
No comments:
Post a Comment