This morning I didn't hear my alarm at 6. But I wasn't late for work (though I did miss my prayer time:( ), cause I got a phone call at 7:30 from Tom! It was so good to talk to him. I hadn't heard from him since Sunday morning, and I was starting to get worried. He seems to be doing really well. Except for the fact that there are no snuggle bugs in Africa. He needs a snuggle bug. It's not good for a snuggle belly to be alone!
hehe :)
I just finished a really, really good book. The book is by Greg Boyd(Is God to Blame?) and I loved it... it's scary how much I loved it though. The Lord healed so much bitterness in my heart through it. Should I be surprised or grateful that He used the work of a supposed heretic to heal my heart? I don't know. I'm getting my mom and Tom to read it, so that they can guide me back to truth if I've strayed from it by absorbing Boyd's words.
I got the new Sara Groves cd. It's really good. Her song Roll to the Middle almost made me cry... it made me think of Tom and all of the fights we've gotten in, and it also made me think of how we're going to handle the fights in our marriage. Here are the lyrics; they really sound better put to music with Sara humming in between them, but they're still good written out :)
We just had a World War III
here in our kitchen
We both thought the meanest things
And then we both said them
We shot at each other till we lost amunition
This is how I know our love
And this is when I feel it’s power
Here in the absence of it
This is my darkest hour
When both of us are hunkered down
And waiting for the truce...
And all the complicated wars
They end pretty simple
Here when the lights go down
We roll to the middle
No matter how my pride resists
No matter how this wall feels true
No matter how I can’t be sure
That you’re gonna roll in too
No matter what, no matter what
I’m going to reach for you
I need to go try and email Tom now. He loves to get long emails from me, but the past few days I've missed him too much to be able to write coherently. You'd think that the more I missed him, the more I'd want to write him. But it's just hard to type thoughtful words when the only words I can think are, "I miss you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment