Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I have been pretty sick the past week, so not much to update. But thankfully I am better now! Here is today's update email.

Thank you all for your prayers! Every one of us are feeling so, so much better. I'm not sure I've ever appreciated feeling well as much as I have the past few days!

Our first week here, the workers with which we are staying were out of the country, but they returned Friday, and we have loved spending time with them. They are such a precious couple and are full of wisdom from the 7 years that they have lived here. In the past year, they have led two men to the Father, and the guys task has been to spend time with them plus another man who has been a member longer. The 3 men have been coming over every day and spending several hours praying and learning from our guys, and the girls task during that time has been to pray for them. Us girls have also been making visits and such, but the language barrier is difficult, as very few women know English. So we have felt that our greatest way of working during this time is through prayer. It has been good to be reminded of how important and necessary pray really is for any great work of the Father.

The next two days we will be putting on a medical clinic in nearby villages with a PA who is here for the week. We will also be doing sheep innoculations, a task which the men begged to do (supposedly it is lots of fun). So we will have full days and hopefull will be able to show the love of the son to many people. Please pray for opportunities for the Father to work during this time!

I love you all and am very thankful for your prayers! Keep them up!

Rebecca and Tom

No comments: