Today we are in the village/town where we will be staying for the next 3 weeks. The travelling is finally over for us, and as exciting as it has been, I am very happy to have some stability for awhile!
We spent this weekend in a little village learning how to live like the berbers live. The house we stayed in was beautiful, and it was surrounded by mountains. We could not stop taking pictures. On Sunday, we learned how to make bread, tagines, get water from the well and make tea. We had a tea making contest, which Matt and Rachel won (though I think that Tom and I should have won because I really think that ours was the best!!).
A significant part of our trip was riding to the village with a taxi driver that is good friends with the teams from the past (Corey, he asked about you and is excited about your baby!). He loved to hear us sing, and Tom spent an hour talking to him about our Father. He is very devout in his faith and has a very strong love for Father, but he can not understand how the father could have a son. He has had many conversations with people in the past and is one that is very informed about the son, but it is very hard for him to grasp it, believe it, and break away from his family's religion. Please pray for our father to work on his heart. We would really like for him to be given a dream or vision about the son.
During the next 3 weeks we will be meeting with 4 recent "members" and helping them with their walk with the Father. Please pray that this will be beneficial to them and that we would be sensitive to their needs. Also keep praying for team unity and our walk with the father both individually and together.
I love you all so much!
Rebecca
Monday, June 11, 2007
Sorry for not posting my first few updates... but here is today's update email:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rebecca,
Please remember and encourage your friend(s) that truly, they do not need a dream or a vision - the Word is wholelly sufficient! It stands alone for all Truth! Point him to the Old and New Books and all the prophecies that were fulfilled in the Son!
I'll be praying for you all.
I understand that... but we believe pretty strongly in the Spirit to reveal the Word to hearts. Though he is reading the books, it ultimately is the Spirit that will bring him life. And with these people, it very often takes the form of dreams and visions. I appreciate your opinion, but I would prefer not to get in a debate about it.
Post a Comment