Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Today, it is Fall. I can smell it and feel it and see it. I've heard that it may change, that the end of this week will see warmer weather, but today, Fall has bid us hello. And I am oh-so-happy to welcome it here.

We have had a 12 yr old boy named Darrian visiting us lately. I think he may spend as much time at our house as he does at home. But he has been a joy, and Tom and I have loved pouring love into him. We walked home with him last night to meet his mom and his other siblings and wow, I fell so, so in love with his little sister. Her name is Aysha(sp?) and she is six years old. She reminds me of Olivia from the Cosby show. He also has a yonger brother and a 13 yr old sister. I wish we could adopt them all. But it has been difficult enough to care for Darrian well, so I know that's not possible. But little Aysha stole my heart, and all I can think about is the way she held my hand last night, looked up at me with her big, dark brown eyes and whispered "Can I come to church with you?"(Darrian has been coming to church with us the past two weeks). It helps me understand why Jesus loved the children so much. I really felt His heart when I was loving those kids last night.

This day has had it's problems, but my heart is full of life right now. And I owe it all to the feel of Fall and little Aysha. I praise you, Jesus, for bringing me beauty when I need it most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome Rebecca!! WOW!!

I feel Fall in the air too ... isn't it grant??

I heard that Tom is visiting Austin soon - super cool! Will you be able to join him at all??

Peace!