Friday, September 22, 2006

The difference between me and him

I sent Tom to the store yesterday. He wanted us to make a jello cheesecake for dessert last night, so I gave him $5, thinking that would be more than enough. I mean, how much can a jello cheesecake cost? According to Tom, it cost $9.16. For a jello cheesecake. A FAKE cheesecake. $9.16? Let's see how he came up with that number.

Albertson's receipt:
(1) Jello Dessert Mix-- $2.29
(1) Pie crust (yes, the jello mix COMES with the crust)-- $2.19
(1) Cherry Pie Filling (yes, you can buy a mix that comes with it)--$3.39
(1) Dasani water ("But I was thirsty, baby")-- $1.29

Now, lets turn to me. I went to Kroger last Saturday to take advantage of a few great sales. What did I buy?

(2) Ragu alfredo sauce
(4) South Beach Diet meal replacement bars
(3) bxs of Quaker Breakfast cookies
(3) bxs of Quaker Oatmeal to go bars
(3) container Quaker Old Fashioned Oats

And what did I spend? $8.75.

THIS is why I buy the groceries.

But it's also why my husband and I need eachother to balance the other out... I do go a little crazy with the sale/coupon items, and he does go a little crazy with the "But, I NEED this" items And it clashes sometimes, but most of the time it makes us laugh. A lot.

No comments: