Sarah called me several times last week, and I finally was able to return her call on Saturday. I thought something might be up, but she seemed normal and said things were normal. We agreed to meet for dinner on Tuesday night. She seemed like she might have something more to say, but my phone was breaking up and I was about to get home and I had tons of groceries to unload, so I had to go.
And then last night, I was walking through the "fruit of the unveiled heart" display that the beautiful Addie put together, and Kirk from Tom's life group started talking about the recent engagement. "You've heard about the engagement, haven't you?" he asked me. "Engagement?" "Yeah, Brad and Sarah" My heart stopped, I think. I was dumbfounded and shocked and so, so happy, all at the same time. I had not heard. I could not believe I had not heard.
I tried to remain calm, but I couldn't. And my phone was at home. And Tom didn't have Sarah's number. But he had Tosha's (brad's sister). So I called Tosha and left a sporadically emotional message on her machine, saying who knows what, but that I had found out and to call me. But I couldn't stand and wait for that, so Tom told me to go home and get my phone and call her. So, I did. And though she had wanted to tell me in person, she filled me in on all the details of her ENGAGEMENT.
All that to say that Brad and Sarah are ENGAGED. Holy Crap. Man. It seems like just yesterday I was talking her into asking Brad to her high school dance. And it seems like just yesterday I was watching her, looking more like a porcelain doll than ever, nervously ask Brad if he wanted to go with her, and Brad, trying to look all cool and nonchalant, say yes. And now they are getting married. And I'm so happy for her.
There are few people I love more in this world than Sarah Swingle. And I am so, so happy for her!!
4 comments:
Hey! I know Sarah!!
Hey bec!
I've been checking your journal alllll week waiting to see a post about the engagement! Sarah called me a few days ago and asked if I had talked to you lately because she had been trying to get ahold of you and wasn't able to. So I called, and then she called me back and told me not to tell you cause she wanted to tell you in person on Tuesday. So when you called me back I couldn't answer cause I knew there was no way I could keep it a secret.
Isn't it exciting!!
I miss you! And I need your address so I can mail you some senior pictures and a graduation invitation. Will you email it to me?
I love you!!
Tosha
hehe... I was WONDERING why you didn't call me back! I'M SO EXCITED!
I think this means that you should get married in 3 years-- 2 years after Sarah, so we can have evenly spaced weddings.
Well, maybe not, because you should wait until you graduate. Maybe. We'll have to see.
I could go for three years. I have wedding fever real real real bad. hahah just kidding. kinda. Aren't we evenly spaced in how old we are?
My dad asked me the other day if Blake and I planned on getting married soon. hah...not so much. Maybe some day.
Post a Comment