Random thoughts about my weekend:
I signed up for a month of tanning at Tiki Tan(just seconds from my apt) yesterday. For signing up, I was upgraded to the "super bed" for my first tan. I told the girl (the first tanning receptionist that I have actually liked) that I burn easily, so she set the bed for 5 minutes. I left feeling like it had done nothing, but after waking from a nap hours later, I was very red. I'm pretty sore today.
Friday night, Tom and I decided that we needed a date night. And we desperately needed to get out of the house. So we walked out towards the car to go to dinner, but decided to instead take a walk first. We don't walk nearly enough, and it's a shame, because it's so beautiful this time of year. We talked about suffering and shame and vindication, and it was good and sweet and such a great start to our evening.
Saturday, I toppped all my previous couponing adventures by shopping at Kroger and watching my total go from $110(w/out plus card) to $87(w/plus card)to $34.77 after coupons. Yippee. I like my new couponing hobby.
I bought a book on Friday at half price books, and I can't decide if I like it yet. I'm more than halfway through it, so I should know by now if I like it, I guess. I'm just not sure if it's very well written, or if it's just me. I'm having trouble keeping up with the storyline; it just seems off to me. But it's decently entertaining, so I'm sure I'll finish it in the next day or two. And maybe by then I'll have decided that I like it.
3 comments:
WOW!! That's an awesome couponing story. I am very impressed.
Walks are great this time of year in Texas. We play church co-ed softball, and it's so pretty when the sun starts going down. Of course, our games are mostly in the afternoon, so it's pretty hot, but yesterday we had a tournament, and it finally started getting nice for the last game!
Anyway, just wanted to say I'm so proud of your couponing!
Thanks, Amy!
And yeah, Texas really is beautiful this time of year, despite the heat!
(Though I'm not looking forward to it getting any hotter... the AC bill is outrageous during the summer!!)
I think you'll have to teach me in your couponing ways. See you tonight. :)
-Mel
Post a Comment