Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nichole Nordeman amazes me. I adore her music with all of my being.

Which reminds me that I haven't posted about Tom's wonderful Valentine's day gift to me. I came home on Tuesday, and he went into the office/guest room and wouldn't let me come in there for about 30 minutes. He then came out with a large gift bag, one that his mother used for one of my showers and has been sitting under the bed ever since. "I got you a special bag," he said. Inside, I found:

1) A bag of muffins that Joey Biggs received in school that day
2) A beautiful card with the sweetest note, filled with homemade coupons(he knows how I love coupons!) for lots of free stuff like a clean kitchen, clean house, foot massage, back rub, snuggle back rub ("It's different," he said... and I can't wait to find out how), and, my all time favorite, "Two love-it sized ice creams from Cold Stone, courtesy of the budget"(I just can't explain how much humour is packed into that sentence... I laughed so hard). I loved it. LOVED it.
3) Nichole Nordeman's recent cd, Brave (He gave it to me for my birthday, but somehow we lost it just a few weeks later)
4) Derek's new cd, Mockingbird (which we have, but Tom enjoys keeping all to himself... and I guess he got sick of me making him play it over and over when I'm in his car)
4) A chocolate heart ("Well, that's kind of for me... cause, you know, I figured you wouldn't get me a gift")

I love my husband more than anything else in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a pretty amazing man there. :) how is his tummy?
-Melanie

Anonymous said...

Such thoughtful gifts! Way to go, Mr. Rich. :)