Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart,
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart
Dissolved by Thy goodness, I fall to the ground
And weep for the praise of the mercy I've found


How bad is it that my quiet times have consisted mainly of listening to Sandra sing me hymns? Lately, Builder and Architect has been one of the few things with the power to turn me to Jesus. Otherwise I sit on the couch with my coffee and bitterly dwell on crap.

Today we're heading to Louisiana to bring our puppies to their month-long destination. I'm not sure how I'm going to live without them for a month.

We're going to North Africa in 9 days! I'm nervous and excited. I'm thankful that our team is full of amazingly cool people. And I'm excited about living simply for a month. I'm sick of piles of laundry and other junk that clutters our apartment. I'm ready for my wardrobe to consist of 2 skirts and 2 shirts and the rest of my clutter to be confined to a backpack. And I'm excited about the people. I have heard so much about the people.

I finished a really fun mini-mester last night. It was on community colleges and was pretty fascinating.

Anyway, I need to go wake my husband up. He stayed up until 4 playing risk. How dumb is that? I don't understand men.

I hope you enjoy this update, Corey. I wish I could have made it more funny or interesting, but I'm pretty sleepy right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! My two minutes at Lynntech were a little better. Glad you are excited about NA. I wish I could just wear two shirts and two underwear again for two months! Oh what a life! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

rebecca rich. i have to tell you. i miss you! & i am WAY excited for you this upcoming month. & i will be thinking about you. you are loved!