Saturday, March 03, 2007

So, I guess an update it in order.

Things are better. Well... we're dealing with things better is more accurate. Bill is no longer our leader(giving details as to why doesn't seem an appropriate thing to do on a public blog), and that is difficult in so many ways. I have so many emotions, and they vary hugely, and I can only deal with them in increments. I think all of us have found that we can only talk about it so much before we just can't take it any more. Healing will be a process. I am, however, incredibly proud of the way that our community has handled this. It shows how strong we are, and how much we love and care for each other.

I'm also so, so very proud of my husband. He is leading us through this time with incredible grace, compassion and strength.

As for school, it is really great. I love, love, love teaching. I love my students and I love to help them learn. And my classes aren't too bad either. I made a 100 on my organic spectroscopy test, which was a tremendous shock, considering I feel like most of what my professor says goes straight over my head. And yet somehow I scored 42 points higher on that test than on the test in the class which I feel like I understand. It doesn't make much sense, but I'm thankful.

Today we are hosting a shower for Ray, Lauri, and the little man growing in her womb. I can't wait to shower them with our love and support. And I can't wait until little Jacob makes his appearance in this world. He will be very, very loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am glad to hear that school is continuing to go well!