In the past few weeks...
My marriage spent a good amount of days being rocky and really sad. I'm not sure why it happened, though I think it has a lot to do with changes going on in both of our lives. I wasn't all that emotionally stable, and Tom wasn't functioning well enough to deal with me in his usual patient way. So things were hard, though not in a "I hate you" kind of way. More like an "I love you so much, but why are we dealing with so much crap?" kind of way. The past week has been much better though.
I made a 58 on an organic test. And it was a B. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I'm happy about a B, but a 58 is just... a 58. I really don't know how to react to school this time around, and I'm having trouble finding the balance between being obsessive and being indifferent. I want to care, but I don't want to care too much. That's hard for an extremist like me.
I really, really like teaching my labs. Which encourages me that I'm heading in atleast a semi-correct direction.
I love my puppies. I love going to bed and pulling Gracie close to me like I would a teddy bear, and having her nestle her nose under my chin and sigh deeply. She will lay like that forever if I don't disturb her, and it is one of the sweetest blessings.
I'm learning that dealing with the poor is extremely difficult, and it requires more wisdom than I feel I have. Darrian and his siblings have once again switched guardians, and once again their previous guardian has been labled as an abusive theif. And I have no idea what to believe. And I have no idea how to help. And I just want him to be happy and healthy and loved, and I have no idea how to make that happen.
And... that's my update. I didn't mean to end it on a sad note. Things are pretty good around here, despite the trials.
No comments:
Post a Comment