I'm finished with my job! I quit! And I'm in Louisiana! Doing NOTHING!
And I'm still getting paid for 72.5 hours of vacation time. So I'm making $15/hour to sit and be lazy!
(Though they paid me $15/hour to sit and be lazy at work, too. But I'm happy being this kind of lazy. This kind of lazy doesn't make me feel like a worthless, purposeless lazy girl. Just a relaxed, happy lazy girl).
Sarah and Tosha came in to Lafayette and stayed with us last night, and we stayed up talking and gossiping and all the fun girl stuff. I love those girls so much.
My mom has been caring for my burn. It is super ugly and painful right now, because the blisters are popping and revealing all the raw flesh. But atleast it's healing. And atleast it arouses my husband's sympathy. He wasn't very sympathetic when the burn didn't look as ugly.
We took Darrian and his siblings shopping for Christmas gifts and winter coats on Saturday. It was tons of fun. I was really thankful that Sommer and Corey were with us, because I think Tom and I would have been very very overwhelmed otherwise. But they made it manageable and fun, and they helped us find amazing deals on really warm winter coats for the kids! They've been wearing my LC sweatshirt, my Pittsburgh sweatshirt and my mom's UL sweatshirt, and not only do I need those sweatshirts back (despite my husband's pleas to lose the ugly gray sweatshirts), but they are not warm enough. And then they all picked out fun gifts at Target, and we went to Gatti-town and had lots of fun ramming into each other on the bumper cars. And the smiles on those precious children's faces were priceless.
In other great news, Congratulations to all the graduates! Especially Carah Burns and Christy Martin. You girls worked SO hard, and I am so, so proud of each of you. (But please don't leave College Station now that you are graduated. You are still needed here.)
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your burn dear. That bites! I hope it heals quickly & fully!
Peace to you & Tom!!!
aw! thank you buddy! i love you a whole lot. i look forward to us getting to hang out as well.
-Mel
Post a Comment