Monday, March 13, 2006

So, Gracie is supposedly a "semi-finalist" in the cutest pet contest, and will be in a book. And I can buy the book for only $63.95! It reminds me so much of when I thought I was becoming a famous poet because I was published in the National Book of Poetry (or something of that name). And then I bought the (expensive) book and realized that most of the poems were crap. None of the authors were great poets. But we had all given this poetry company a lot of money.

So I'm going to wait to see what becomes of my semi-finalist puppy. And if she ends up on the cover, and if we win some money, I will buy the book. Otherwise, I'll just let others buy a book full of pictures of supposedly cute puppies.

(My puppy IS the cutest though, whether she's judged as that or not)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe! gracie will always be the *cutest* puppy :-D

ps. I think we are going to meet at 711 Cross St. at ~6:30 ish and then go to eat and then hang out. can't wait to see you there!

Anonymous said...

yeah, of course we can wait! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah. your puppy definately wins cutest puppy award in my book. Thanks for your kind words. I wish i could take you up on your offer to hang out, but I'm working in Austin for the week, and working tires me out a lot. Raincheck?

I hope you being home without Tom is going ok.. :(
-Mel