Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm doing surprisingly well without Tom this week. I can't wait for him to be home, but I'm doing ok. I honestly think a lot of it has to do with a little furry companion of mine... it's crazy how much a dog can cure loneliness. Even if she is insanely irritating with her incessant "let's play!!" whines and looks. I have played already! I'm tired of playing! We went for a walk, we tossed a ball... we've already played!

I miss Kayla Kilchrist. My life is good without her, and I'm happy. But I miss her. Without her, I am inevitably lacking. And the Lord will deal with the lack. And I don't very often notice the lack. But it's there. And I miss her.

(Though very few of you know who Kayla is... I just can't explain her... heck, I don't even know what to call her... my ex-best friend?That's a horrible name... my old best friend? That's a stupid name... my high school and college best friend? That's untrue, because she was more than that... we were supposed to drink coffee on our front porch when we were 80... college wasn't supposed to see the end of it )

Anyway, Gracie has fallen asleep, so I'm going to use the opportunity to go to sleep as well. Have I mentioned that I have the cutest puppy ever? She is such a pretty girl. So crazy, but so pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday? I usually have to work on Tuesday night, but this Tuesday i don't have to! I'm excited if we get to!
Mel