Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day, day please go away.

I spilled a solution made from platinum all over the floor. But the crazy thing was how it spilled. It was in a glass jar, and while I was stirring it, the bottom of the glass jar just fell off. Like the whole thing just cracked all around, all at once, and the bottom, in one piece, fell off, just like that. It was astounding. And angering. And flustering. It was a lot of platinum. And it wasn't my fault! The jar was demonized!

And then the coatema, the machine with whom I tentatively made ammends with today when it decided to work fairly well for a semi-consistent period of time, decided that it was not enjoying our newfound friendship. And so it went bezerk. Just all of a sudden went crazy, ruining my platinum covered sheet of teflon. That was more platinum down the drain. And it wasn't my fault! The coatema was demonized!

Needless to say, I quit working after these two instances and called my husband to pray for me. And then I threw my goal of finishing three membranes today down the toilet and accepted that two is enough for one crazy, demonized day.

No comments: