It is such a weird feeling to know that I am getting married on Saturday. I've always wondered how bride's feel during this week. The week before April 2nd, I tried to pick Rebekah Wood's brain, wanting to know exactly how she felt knowing that she was getting married THAT Saturday. I was sure it must be the most amazing, exciting feeling ever. And now that I'm here, I wouldn't say that I'm not excited. Every time Tom hugs me my heart leaps within me at the thought that I get to marry him this Saturday. But I'm so in shock about it all that the excitement isn't nearly as strong as it was a few months ago. I'm just numb. I mean, how does a person really grasp the fact that they are about the make the biggest commitment they will ever make apart from commiting oneself to Christ? When I have been waiting for this moment for my entire life, how do I really convince myself that it is actually here? I can't seem to do it. I have a feeling that, until those big doors open and my wedding coordinator tells me to walk down the aisle, I won't fully have a hold on the fact that it's happening.
But it's true. This is my last Monday as Rebecca Koenig. Next Monday I will be Rebecca Rich. I will be married. Married... a wife... Mrs. Rich... a person who has a husband... married!
Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment