Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Coffee and comfy couches...

Monday morning, I attempted the task that, time and time again, I have failed at miserably this past year. Sunday night I changed my cell phone alarm clock from 7:00 to 6:00, set it by my bed, and hoped that I would not only hear the alarm, but that I would also get out of bed after hearing it the next morning.

And I did. I spent an hour with Jesus, sipping steaming hot coffee and reading beautiful poetry out of the Psalms. It was magical.

I am now living in the apartment that Tom and I will share beginning on May 28th, and there is something about it that is very conducive to a beautiful quiet time, one that makes getting out of bed worth it. Our living room is warm and inviting with our new furniture in it, and sinking into our oh-so-comfortable couch while flipping through the paper thin pages of my Bible under the glow of soft lamp light brought me back home to the days when Jesus and I were beautiful together, to the time when we were friends. That friendship is what I've been craving more than anything the past two years but haven't been able to find. So I'm glad I've found it the past few mornings.

And I hope I keep finding it. Cause I need it... I really, really need it.

No comments: