I graduate in less than a month. That means I have 3 weeks of school left to make my first B. In one way, that is very exciting. In another... very, very terrifying!
The job search is going ok... I haven't really made any headway on it, but I've heard a lot from God about it lately. And that means more than tangible facts. He's continually crushing my pride and forming my will into conformity with His, and I praise Him for that. The past three days, my quiet times have been amazing. God has opened up His Word to me in ways I haven't experienced in months and months... it's been a new Bible study from the best Bible Teacher every morning, and I'm lovin' it! ;)
I finished reading Suprised by the Voice of God by Jack Deere yesterday. It's the sequel to Suprised by the Power of the Spirit. Both books are amazing. Tom didn't think the second book was as good as the first, but I think it's better. They are two of the best books I've ever read... I don't understand how anyone could remain a cessationist after reading them(though I know many do). Charasmatics(esp. charasmaniacs ;) ) and cessationists alike would profit greatly from studying Deere's books. His last chapter on the divorce of the Word and the Spirit is incredible.
I would like to share Tom's romantic quote of the week before ending this entry:
"Your eyes are so beautiful Rebecca; they're like two big diamonds..... hey! maybe we should poke one of them out and put it on a ring for you!"
If it wasn't for his snuggle belly, I just don't know if I would love him....
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment