Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I graduate in less than a month. I'm so excited, scared, happy...

I'm reading a book by Brother Andrew, And God changed His mind. It's a good book. I have a whole lot of respect for Brother Andrew... which makes his strong open theistic tendencies interesting to read. I don't think I have to be an open theist to agree with the book though. The first sermon I heard the pastor at the presb. church I attended in Pineville preach was one on God changing His mind, and he was pretty adament about the fact that we need to be praying that God will change His mind. He flat out said, "If my wife is sick, don't pray for God's will be done--pray for healing!" I don't necessarily understand how he reconciles that view with his theology... but then, I don't think he does reconcile it. It's a mystery; like my beloved particle/wave paradox, it's a paradox we'll never understand. According to him, that is... and maybe according to me. Once I decide what the heck I believe. How long do I try to iron things out and find clarity in the ways of God before I fall at the feet of the mystery? I'm really not sure right now... I think I'll keep trudging along seeking knowledge til I hear God commanding me to fall and rest in the unknown.

No comments: