Have I mentioned that Tom and I have been seeing Joyce for counseling these past few months? She offered it to us for free, and we took her up on the offer. It has been great to help us deal with this transition period in our lives, and as a result of our times with her, our marriage is currently better than it has ever been.
This morning I have an appointment with her on my own, though, to work through some issues from my past that have been rising to the surface lately. And I'm scared. I pulled out my old journals for '99-'01 to get myself prepared to adequately talk about the situation, but the journals just embarrass me and make me NOT want to talk about it.
Thankfully, Joyce makes feel so very safe, and so though I'm scared about the topic, I'm not at all scared of her. So I'm not afraid of opening up to her. It's just that, right now, I don't even know how to put it all into words. Hopefully, the Lord will give the words to me by 9:00.
No comments:
Post a Comment