Sunday, September 02, 2007

According to Corey and Sommer, I really "lost my filter" for my last blog post. Maybe I've been watching too much Sex and the City(it is my new TiVo friend), because that never even occurred to me. And maybe I forget that people actually read my blog. Either way, I didn't mean to broadcast too much information. So sorry if I was inappropriate.

I have though a lot about the fact that we are telling everyone that we are trying for a baby, when most people wait until 9 weeks to tell others that they are even pregnant. And a lot of it has to do with my impatient big mouth, but another aspect of it is that I really want my friends and family to be on this journey with us. It's a really important journey for me; the faith of getting off the pill and trying for a baby when I have no idea how we will even support one, and it's just not something that I want to do secretly or alone. So if we take forever to get pregnant, or if we get pregnant and miscarry, or if we get pregnant and have a baby that we can barely scrounge up the money to support, I want my family with me during every step of the process. And so I want to be open about every step of the process, for the most part atleast.

Anyway, I just wanted to post about that, since it's been on my mind a lot this weekend. And now I need to go do fun Organic homework and prepare for the two labs that I start teaching tomorrow (not much preparation required though, since we are just watching a super corny but admittedly necessary safety video).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all this baby talk! wow, you'd think we were adults or something!

i hope you're doing well & that we get to hang out soon. tell you hubby i said "hi".

peace.

Sommer West, MPH said...

Oh no, you have to watch those videos again...I'm sad for you.