I saw the results of this today when I bought everything I needed at Vons, and my total came to $12.80. Even with coupons, it is tough to keep my weekly Vons bill lower than $50. Usually, it is more like $70-80. So $12.80 is unreal. My favorite part about it is that I got everything that we needed for the week(except for milk, which I bought at CVS), in addition to a few really good deals (like a free glade candle and refill pack). I will probably stop by another store this week to get produce, but other than that, we are set.
Here are the results of today's shopping trip at Vons:
- 2 lbs Brown Sugar
- 2 bags of tortilla chips (for taco salads)
- 1 box Cheez-it whole grain crackers
- 1 box saltine crackers (for my mom's famous parmesan chicken)
- 1 box whole grain spaghetti
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- 12 cups yoplait light yogurt
- 1 32 oz bottle Coffeemate creamer
- 1 loaf sara lee soft and smooth whole wheat bread
- 1 Glade candle tin
- 1 Glade candle refill
Coupons: $16.81
Total: $12:80
It takes a lot of work, and I know that not everyone actually has fun putting this much work into couponing and saving money... but since I actually do enjoy it, seeing it pay off like this is a lot of fun. And a nice break from grading papers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment