Thursday, September 18, 2008

I teach 4 sections of chemistry (2 regular, 2 honors), and the other 3 sections are taught by a man who is also a new teacher this year (he is teaching 2 sections of physics in addition to chemistry). It has been great to have someone with which to plan lessons and labs and share stories at the end of crappy days. He is a precious man with a really sweet and gentle heart, and he is constantly doing things that make me giggle uncontrollably.

I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of, but it just hit me. Seth! My best friend from high school and college, who I haven't talked with in years, but whose friendship got me through some very difficult times. Seth would also make me giggle uncontrollably, without ever intending to do so. I have missed him so much over the years and hate the fact that we have not kept in touch. So it was good to realize this morning that I kind of have his friendship back, in the form of my new friend, Paul.

Ok, now back to planning for the day....

1 comment:

Sommer West, MPH said...

Yay for you making new friends!

Your old friends miss you dearly though!